Sunday, June 05, 2005

Primer



Primer is one of those movies that you see sitting on the shelf of Blockbuster and put it in one of two categories: Foreign Crap or Indy Crap. This movie is neither. It's definitely Indy but certainly not crap.

Two engineers developing doo dads in their garage in their spare time stumble upon an amazing discovery. They make a time machine. Not your standard time machine but one that works on principals that are unprecedented in the movie world. The idea is that you start the device at say 12:00 PM and let it run for 24 hours. You then shut it off and clime into the device where you sleep for 24 hours and wake up when you started it. At lest that's how I think it works. I'm smart, but this movie is smarter.

They start out by investing in the stock market and betting on sports games but the real action comes at the end of the movie. Here is where I have no idea what happens. Well, I have an idea but the way it's put together doesn't make it quite clear to me.

The spookiness of the movie comes from the fact that the device seems so plausible. The reality of the situation comes from the engineering parlance and the fact that they don't know exactly how it works either. The only real problem with the movie is that it's about engineers and if you know one you know what I'm talking about. YAWN! The movie does keep you interested with the discovery of what they've created and the madness that ensues.

If you have any idea about the end of this movie I would like to hear from you. Of course the chances of someone who's seen this movie and is actually reading my little blog are very slim. I realize this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chad is love, do not disrespect. BTW, the movie better not suck as I am amped to see it now.