Monday, June 27, 2005

My New Neutered Life

Jew here.

So, my days are like this:Get up around 4-5 AM, fall out of the top bunk of the trailer bedroom onto the floor... hard, say the word "fuck" about 5 times, walk to the kitchen, make 12 cups of coffee that would make a spoon stand straight up, drink 2 of them, open the door and look out to a 100 foot metal structure holding about 200-300 thousand lbs of steel piping extending about 9000 feet into the ground, then realize that, shit, I'm in fucking Colorado.Did I mention I am about 50 miles away from civilization, or that I am walled in a canyon about 3000 feet high? Or how about the brown bear that cruised about 100 feet away from our site today?

The modern world of drilling is pretty f-ing crazy. Most of what I do is grab core samples, clean 'em, place them on a sampling tray and a porcelain tray, look at them under a microscope, both white and UV light, then run some standard chemical analysis to view both rock composition and hydrocarbon traces. I'm sure Launch Box has already said all this bullshit already.

But every now and again there is a pump fire, or the rig falls over, or the roughnecks kick the shit out of each other, or they tell me how they shot up meth and kicked the shit out of their girlfriend,her dad, and threatened the judge. You know, that old chestnut.It's like the ultimate boy's club out here.I've been in 5 states in 3 weeks, averaged about 3 hours of sleep a night, been screwed over by countless people back home, climbed 2 different, unbelievably gorgeous trails, and have not had sex since the 7th.

But I finished my fucking homework.

rockreeder

No comments: