Tuesday, August 09, 2005

God I Love Texas

As I was driving through Hobbs a few days ago, a sudden feeling of jubilation tore through me like a case of ex lax: Soon I was to be in Texas. As that feeling ripped through me, I looked up and saw that beautiful sign of entrance into this great land. Texas gets in your blood, you just know when you are home.

I missed all the insanity, the friendly folks, the 4.2% beer, the blonds, the legs, and of course, the guns. Just a few minutes ago, the man I believe to be the tool pusher (you can usually tell by the air of authority, though be it drunken) asked me if the geologist, company man, or other mudlogger was still here. I said that only Jim, the other logger, was here but asleep. He said ok, and that he and some hands were going to shoot off some rounds, but that he would wait till Jim woke up. Of course, I said my lips were sealed, not being a ho ass trick of a rat, and inquired about the guns. Me wantie to shoot gunny!

That's the kind of place this state is, just a fucking free for all. Just don't shoot the BOP.

And really, isn't that a good lesson applicable to everyday life?

Chad was right about Austin, it is a changin'. No longer the hippie/rugged individualist's town, it's become flooded with Dell Yuppies (or as I call them, cocksuckers), NY and LA rejects that couldn't make it, coked out Paris Hilton wannabes, reality show rejects, and all the Fazooli's you can handle, and then some. . Of course, there is a great deal of room for cross genres. Point of fact, Brad's (of Brad and Chad fame) girlfriend cheated on him with a bachelorette reject. I saw them at Kenichi, along with about 3 coke dealers (no bullshit). So sad on so many levels

Interesting sidenote, at bars, coke dealers are the ones who keep wiping their noses AND lead girls to the bathroom. Both prerequisites are necessary to make the distinction.

So Chad, you aren't a Townie, especially since you don't live there anymore. 4th street has created a world so far away from what Austin once was, filled with people who don't belong, that it ain't what it use to be.

I miss you Austin, but still, Yahweh bless Texas.

Fazooli.

rockreeder

No comments: