Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hello 4-20! Do I have Balls or what?!


Here is the email I sent to my Direct Boss, as well as a Blind Carbon Copy (BCC:) to my VP, as he and I are tight:

Greetings, I have to have today and tomorrow off for an extremely necessary decompression. If I have to come in, it will be to no one's benefit, in fact quite the opposite. I feel as though, if I try to work through any problem we have, it either is ignored and subsequently blamed on me, becomes a giant political fiasco, involves a lengthy explanation that is without purpose (Brad, none of this is pointed at you. You either Mwokozi), or even worse, a report on, quite literally, nothing while I am still working on said problem. I just want to fix the problem. As Kieth is the project manager now for wireless now, and Mike is much more technically proficient, this should not be a problem, especially since the major software issues have been addressed. If this is a problem, I can turn in my equipment and final expense report the following week. I really do love everyone there, but we will miss the once in a lifetime 1-3 year window that will never return in this industry if we spend so much energy in a circular fashion. Life is a gamble.

Afterwards, I realize it was 4-20, and then smoked a bowl.

And, who knows, sometimes all you have to do in life is ask for what you want.

Love reeder

No comments: